I have found myself attracted to the “relevant and relatable non-fiction and thought” (About, Thought Catalog). It is an excellent way to waste a few hours of a boring day. I have read virtually all of Thought Catalog, and have recently discovered Keep Calm and Write On. Both seek to be compelling and informative; sandboxes where wannabe-journalists and the like can develop and hone their writing skills. As with all ventures, there are many articles which are bland and boring, others drag you in but unceremoniously brush you aside during the middle, and push you out into the M6 at the end; and there are some which are quite intriguing.
Here is my selection of the beautiful, the funny, and the strange:
- What They Don’t Tell You About Grief by Katherine Milan
- My People Are Degenerates, Foreigners and the Uneducated by Carly Pifer
- When Did We All Get So Old? by Chelsea Fagan
- You Guys, What Are We Doing Online All Day? by Jana Pollack
- 5 Ways Atheism Can Be Spiritual by Ben Atwood